Arrrrgggghhhh! Ahoy, me hearties! Ready yer sea legs and weigh anchor. Pirates are coming! Boom about!
It’s piratical fun and learning at the museum, with sword-fighting demonstrations from The Shadow Players, sword fighting demonstrations and lessons from The Sword Conservatory, pirate flag making, pirate-themed activities, coin excavation, a pirate dig, and much more. Plus, we'll have a scavenger hunt, interactive rope tying display, “Hoist Your Pirate Flag” activity, and pirate dress up for kids.
Saturday, Feb. 29 9am to 4pm
TRAIN RIDES AVAILABLE: 10, 11am, Noon, 1:30, 2:30, 3:30p
The public is invited to all activities, including:
- Sword-fighting Demonstrations from the Shadow Players
- Sword-fighting History and Lessons from the Sword Conservatory
- Learn About Pirate Life With Colonial Seaport
- Train Rides – Sign the Pirate Code of Conduct Before You Climb Aboard
- Pirate Costume Contest - Held at 11:45am and 2pm
- Test Your Skills at Walking the Plank
- Make a Pirate Flag, Make a Pirate Hat, & Discover Your Pirate Name
- Check Out the Pirate Dig & Coin Excavation Station
- Knot Tying Activities, Temporary Tattoos & Face Painting
ADMISSION ONLY - Includes all event activities and all exhibits
Children 3-12: $4
Children 2 and under are free
ADMISSION + TRAIN RIDE - Includes train ride, all event activities and all exhibits
Children 3-12: $8
Children 2 and under are free.
Advance tickets can be purchased online.
- Dates: February 29, 2020
- Location: North Carolina Transportation Museum
- Address: 411 S. Salisbury Ave., Spencer, NC 28159
- Time: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM